Saturday, April 3, 2010

Random makeup post!

Hi Everyone!
I've been playing with my makeup lately - I ran out and bought MAC's Painterly so I am able to do eye looks without creasing and with better blending! Yay! I really need to buy myself a proper set of makeup brushes (I have 4 brushes... ugh) but I'm creating some fun looks so far!

I got these samples with my new foundation from Pure Cosmetics.
I love this! I have totally been converted to mineral powder for a while now, but I think Pure Cosmetics are the best I've tried!
If you buy a pot of their mineral foundation they send you FIVE colour samples of your choosing so you can get your absolute perfect colour!

They offer two kinds, "Classic" and "Ultimate" - Ultimate is the same but jam packed with nutrients. That's the one I got.
I went with colour "Porcelain Mist" and it matches my very pale, very cool toned skin perfectly! Because I had already bought samples not realising they came free with the foundation, I got some mineral eyeshadows instead.
I got three "travelling" eyeshadows - they look white but reflect a different colour, as well as two mineral eyeliner colours, a black and a metallic pewter.
These are the eyeshadows I got:


And here's what they look like; (I already had a full size of Pluto from them- it's part of the set so I swatched it too) These have all been swatched wet:

   

And here's a look I did using only Uranus and the pewter eyeliner (around the crease, used dry not as an eyeliner) that I wore to the supermarket!




It was far brighter in real life and it looks amazing how it changes under different lighting!
Before using an eye primer my eye makeup used to crease up in a matter of minutes - not anymore! I am learning new makeup tips on youtube - if you have any tutorials you think I should watch or and looks you want me to try, please let me know in a comment!

Love,
Photobucket

Disclosure & License





Creative Commons License
This work by Toxin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Australia License.

This policy is valid from 24 January 2010 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations. The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements. The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
Get your own policy here.