Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday Bloody Sunday....

Please excuse the title. However, it IS Sunday and I meet it with not exactly open arms...

My computer and my camera are having a very firm disagreement (in which it appears my computer is giving my camera the silent treatment...) which means until I locate the software... no pictures from me! I promise I will do it tomorrow... I will!

I thought instead I would make a post in which you can still feast your pretty eyes on...
SO... Now for some lovely Aussie gothy goodies that I have been hankering for!





HOW CUTE IS THIS!? This dress is from Canberra designers "Raven." They had a cute little shop in the middle of the city that was my saving grace growing up in Canberra. They had everything a fledgling goth could need! Black nail polish and lipstick, clothes from brands like lip service - as well as their own designs, pots of Manic Panic hair dye... Lush. Unfortunately they closed up shop on the 1st of January of this year. The good part is - they're concentrating on their clothing designs! So we can expect more goodies like this! Click the pic to go to the site.



You must have been living under a rock to not have heard of Gallery Serpentine! Simply amazing corsetry designers from Sydney! Sometimes I think we Aussie alternative kids have it easy! Click the pic to go to the site.





There are way too many Aussie designers for me to mention in just one post! (If anyone wants to see more - let me know!) But i just HAD to mention Dolly Q.
Dolly Q is the brainchild of Danielle Carson. I first met Dani when she gave me a job working at Dracula's Cabaret Theatre Restaurant! (The two lovely models below worked at Drax too!) Soon after she left Drax to work on Dolly Q - her work is DIVINE and I would spend every paycheck on it if it meant I got to look this gorgeous! Click the pic to go to the site.






And one last thing I simply had to mention - Wildilocks - here in gorgeous Melbourne (and Perth too!) They are an alterative hairdressing salon - as well as having some of the best clothes - with gorgeous well known brands like Phaze (UK) along home grown Aussie designers. They have a webstore too! Oh - and I have to add - if you dye your hair mad colours try Special Effects. Just try it... you'll wonder how you ever lived without it! Click the pic to go to the site.





So what do you think of Australia now? Let me know what you think!

Photobucket

No comments:

Disclosure & License





Creative Commons License
This work by Toxin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Australia License.

This policy is valid from 24 January 2010 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations. The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements. The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
Get your own policy here.